Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our Transforming Classroom Pets


Two weeks ago, my kiddos were delighted when 5 new caterpillar "friends" entered our classroom.

They started off so tiny!



In just a couple of days they were bigger and more "creepy-crawly" looking...



On Monday, my kiddos noticed that one of the caterpillars had entered the next stage of its life - the chrysalis stage.
(better known as a cocoon :-))



I think the others were feeling like their friend was leaving them behind because yesterday they were all hanging upside down, trying desperately to be like their friend! :-)



When we walked in the classroom this morning my kiddos discovered that their caterpillar friends had all successfully entered the chrysalis stage.

It was now moving day!!



They are now safely in their new home - "Butterfly Pavilion". My kiddos are looking forward to soon meeting their new Painted Lady Butterfly friends!


No comments: