Saturday, March 20, 2010

Finally Home


Today, my Pop-Pop went home to be with the Lord. After struggling so long with declining health, I know he was glad to finally be in a place with no sickness or pain!

I was just looking up the lyrics to one of my Pop-Pop's favorite songs "Because He Lives", and I just had to post it. When I read the 3rd verse, I really started to cry!!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

God sent His son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal, and forgive.
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives.
But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

And then one day I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain.
And then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!




My Pop-Pop has fought life's final war with pain. He has seen death give way to victory, and he knows that his Savior lives!!! As much as I am hurting right now, missing him dreadfully, I would never wish him back to this sinful world filled with pain. My Pop-Pop is rejoicing now and glad to finally be home with his Savior!

3 comments:

Reve said...

Hey Becky, I just wanted to say that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know what you are going through and I know it's not easy! You said such kind things about him, I'm sure he is very proud of the woman you become. The song you posted was one of my Pappy's fav song too. Maybe their in heaven singing it together :) Praying for you

Love
Reve'

Joy4Him said...

Praying for you and your family. Praising God he was saved! =)
Love ya.
~ Joycelin

grndmom/pop said...

Becky: Our sympathy to the family. Keeping you in prayer. What a privilege to be in the presence of His/our Saviour!!!! Luv, Mrs N